Thursday, October 20, 2011

I Gots Mad Calcium, Yo

Where do vegans get calcium?


 50% more what?


Ohhhh. 50% more calcium than dairy milk. Dairy-free.


BRIAN'S POST-WORKOUT 
KICK-YOU-IN-THE-ASS 
MORNING [VEGAN] SMOOTHIE

In a blender, combine 1 cup almond milk (unsweetened or, if need be, vanilla), 1 small to medium-sized banana, 3/4 cup frozen mango, 1 cup frozen mixed berries (I use raspberries, blueberries and blackberries). Blend to smoothie consistency. Add 2 tbsp of water as needed.

For protein, add one generous scoop of Life's Basics chocolate or vanilla plant protein (I prefer the chocolate), which is available at www.allstarhealth.com


1 comment:

  1. Just bought the PureAlmond unsweetened. I noticed that it's 25 less calories per cup than the "sweetened" and 55 less calories than the "vanilla". Thanks for the recommendation - it's delicious in my coffee. Can't wait to try it with a smoothie.

    ReplyDelete